Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hello! (aka, What the heck is this blog?)

Greetings, reader! I'm glad you found this blog, and I hope you find it interesting, helpful, etc.

Historically, I've been really bad about any kind of journal-type righting. I've always been better at writing fictional stories on a regular basis than writing about myself. I'm hoping that this blog will bridge that gap for me.

 I am a graduate student doing theoretical physics, specifically doing research into the area known as singular optics. So a lot of my posts will be about physics, and particularly optics. This will especially be true in the next few months as I study for my qualifying exams and use this blog as a tool to study for that great Rubicon of graduate students.

When I'm not working on physics, I'm thinking about or experimenting with what is probably my most useful hobby--food. For health reasons, I frequently need to modify existing recipes or invent new ones from scratch. So some of my posts are going to be about food--my recipes that turned out pretty well (or failed spectacularly, awesome recipes I found, new (to me) ingredients, etc.

Other than those topics, this is my blog and I'm going to feel free to post on whatever seems interesting to me.

I hope to get a proper blog post written at some point, but for now this will have to do. 'Til next time!

No comments: