Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I am almost jumping out of my skin, I'm so excited. After several miserable failures of attempts to make beloved comfort food recipes (pumpkin bread, cinnamon buns and brownies), I finally have one of them back. Confession, I had to resort to the deal with the devil that is Splenda, but it was worth it. I'll earn my culinary soul back later, I have cookies! They look like cookies and taste like cookies and even have the right texture (allowing for the fact that I forgot to half the baking powder when I halved the rest of the recipe. Oops).
When you double the baking powder, this happens. I smashed down the next batch, but it hid the chocolate.

I don't feel I can really take credit for the recipe, since all I did was replace the sugar in THE recipe (you know what I'm talking about) with an equal amount of Splenda + 1 1/2 tablespoons of molasses per cup of 'sugar', doubled the eggs and entirely substituted almond flour for normal flour. I used bittersweet chips instead of semisweet, which brings in each cookie at around 4 net carbs, which works alright for me right now. If ever needed, I know of a decent sugar-free chocolate bar that can replace the chips and bring it down to a little over 1 net carb per chipwich sized cookie.

Is it sad that I miss cookies so much? Maybe. But I don't care, because I have chocolate. In cookie form. 

~PhysicsGal





No comments: