Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Penny vs. Blankets

Changing the bed linens is one of those tasks which is necessary, but is usually boring.

Unless you have a dog like Penny.

Any other time, she seems to understand that blankets are blankets and are there to keep things warm. But when you are changing the sheets, she seems convinced they are now alive and must be fought.

She splays out to control the beast underneath.


She bites it, trying to find its neck


A new layer is  added and she pounces (slightly too fast for my camera phone)


She bites this one, but in a more leisurely fashion.

Then, having killed the beast* she looks at me with the face that says, "I did good, right?"


*While I am ok with her terrier-neck-breaking the $20 target blanket in the first picture, I don't want her to do the same to my beautiful handmade wedding quilt,  so I wait until she is off the bed to smooth it out.

No comments: