Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Benefits of Uber-labeling

I am loving my very organized pantry. It is easy to find things. It is easy to know when we are running out of things. 

My husband can find things when my hands are goopy. 

I was making chocolate souffles for dessert last night, because it was cold and my mother gave me a lovely set of ramekins for Christmas, and these two things seemed to call for chocolate souffle. As I started separating the eggs, I asked Dear Husband to grab me out the vanilla.  And he did. He could find it easily because it was right there in the 'extract and flavoring' section. 

Moreover, he seemed happy with this. Add this to the fact that he no longer has to look around for the cereal every morning (it was always in the same spot, but somehow a label makes it easier to find), and he seems willing to help on my organization, even helping to put up a cleaning-implement rack. 

This trend is slowly seeping outward. It is yet to be seen how well it works outside the pantry. 

No comments: