Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Lesser Embarrasment

I am old school when it comes to teaching methods. This means I use whatever physical, does not plug into the wall board I am given. In the classrooms I teach in, I have old school chalkboards, and I bring my own white chalk, because they just give me sidewalk chalk which is terrible.

I am a woman, which means I have a bosom. As it happens, I have a fairly generous bosom for my size.

I grew up with Italian-Americans. I talk with my hands.

Can you see where this is going?

Today in class, I was trying to explain something, while holding a piece of chalk, while wearing a fitted dark green shirt.

I chalked my boob.

Now, I am used to getting chalk on myself. Usually I kinda brush/beat at it until it dissipates. I did that one or two times and then stopped.

It seemed really awkward to be doing that in the front of the classroom to that particular body part. Especially since my classes are 95% young men, and extra-especially since I got several reviews last semester commenting on how I was easy on the eyes (not always that politely), though only a Taliban could accuse me of dressing immodestly.

So, all while trying to explain electric fields, I'm debating if it is more awkward to have a bright white line on my bosom, or to be brushing my bosom for a good minute to get the chalk off (it was a really solid line).

I chose to leave it until after class.

It seemed the less embarrassing thing to do.

~AMPH

No comments: