Saturday, January 18, 2014

Penny Pictures: A Cuteness interlude

I hope to be able to write a nice, wordy post sometime soon, but in the meantime I thought I would post these pictures of Penny from yesterday.

This first series is of Penny trying to understand what I am saying (or looking like she is). I talk to her as if she were  a small human, because there are days when for a good 10 hour stretch she is the only other living creature I interact with directly. I also just talk to things. And myself.

Of course, she has no idea what I am saying for the most part. She recognizes a few words or short phrases as commands or invitations. "Do you want to go for a ride?" has her running for the garage, while "Crate" has her running for the guest room (long story).  But when I am in the process of trying to teach her something new, cuing it with  a particular intonation, she does this.

Mild interest since I am standing in the kitchen, and there is therefore the possibility of food.


Did you say something? Am I supposed to know this?




What? If it involves food, I'm all ears.*

I love having a dog with huge expressive ears.

More adorable though is when she curls up with Dear Husband while we watch tv.


"I'm trying to sleep."

"Can you just let me sleep?"

Sure Penny. Just keep lying like that and ignore me.

"Seriously, Mom?"

Dogs are children who can't object or cover their faces when you take pictures of them.

Have a good weekend!

~AMPH

*This is in different room because she thought I had said 'Crate'.

No comments: