Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Drip...Drip...Drip

Well, the situation has improved slightly. My house is as arid as a desert, and most of the areas that yesterday were soaking are dry.

But it's still dripping from my ceiling.



That's water, seeping through my kitchen ceiling right next to/above my fridge and stove. The shower pan is still leaking water, probably because they filled it with grout in some 80s bright idea, and then stuck little tiles on it. Grout is not water proof. It acts like a sponge. And it is now, having filled to the point it cracked and over-flowed, releasing it's water in a slow, torturous drip downstairs and a slow seeping upstairs.

The blowers and dehumidifiers are still in place to hold the seepage at bay and keep the water damage as contained as possible. The constant noise is getting on my nerves.

The only way to stop this is to remove the shower pan, which requires destroying at least the shower floor, which we can't do until the insurance adjustor comes.

Which means at least another day, and more like two, with all the noise and the dripping and not knowing when I'll be getting my kitchen back. Between all the sheetrock dust blowing around and the water dripping right where I make food I'm not comfortable cooking, so its take out for us.

I am trying to stay positive and calm. Hey, great excuse to install recessed lighting and replace the out-of-date shower! Calm and happy people are more likely to get what they want out of customer service rep types (at least in my experience). But being stuck waiting for all the parts to come together so we can get moving on repairing things is getting on my nerves.

Luckily, Penny is always there to make me and Dear husband smile. For example, reading the news of a morning on my notebook.

Because the cute dog should take up more digital and mental space than a drippy ceiling. 

No comments: