Friday, November 15, 2013

The end of a long series of long weeks

After nearly a month of insanity in one form or another, life is finally returning to normal. My house is quiet, and workmen are not traipsing in and out on  a daily basis to find more destruction. When different workmen start traipsing in, it will be to repair things. My fingers are as healed as they are going to get, only slightly scarred and with minimal loss of sensation. My qualifying exam is past and gone and I never have to do that again.

 For the first time in a month, I went grocery shopping and *didn't* head for the ready-to-eat or frozen food sections. I could stock up on dry goods in the cheaper dry goods/bad produce store and replenish my fruits and veggies and meat that were lost in the great shower disaster at the good produce/high-falutin' dry goods store. Errands on Friday has become my little routine and it feels so nice to have it back.

Jogging has been going well, although running in the cold is highlighting my need for winter running tops. Old cotton shirts get really cold once they get damp, so I foresee a nice athletic fabric jacket-shirt in my future.

And of course, I can finally clean my kitchen and get it somewhat back to normal, at least until the ceiling is repaired.

Overall, from here on out looks a lot less stressful.

~PhysicsGal

No comments: