Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days...

Yesterday was one of those days, and it kinda carried into today.

It started out with the Servepro guys ripping out even more of my shower, and intimating that my beautiful tile floor might need to be ripped up (bad). Then the plumber came and finally found the tiny, tiny leak that was probably the cause of this whole thing, including the destruction of the shower pan. It started to dry out immediately (good).

While they were destroying my shower, I worked on my next research project, and did the whole 11 page integral and sent it off to my PI to check over while I started on the next step, which is looking like it will take at least 30 pages (not counting scratch work) to complete. Believe it or not, that counts under the 'good' column. It took me months to learn how to do this kind of integral, and now that I did, I seem to be able to do them with just a little concentration. If only that were the hard part...

Then we found out that the recliner we had ordered for Dear Husband as a much belated birthday present was finally in to be picked up. So we made the trek out to the warehouse, and it turns out to be one of the best purchases we've ever made.  It is soft. It is like sitting on a cloud.

It put Dear Husband into the calmest, happiest mood I have ever seen. He was as close to zen as I think is possible for him. And just to complete his day, Penny finally shared his chair. Before, she would sleep in his arms, but not at his side. She preferred between me and the armrest for that. This is also the most zen Penny I've seen.

I will post photos seperately, as my phone has decided not to share pictures tonight.

To round everything out, I found the wool to make my Christmas stocking, and it was snowing earlier. Progression from "worst" to "best" complete.

~PhysicsGal


No comments: