Monday, October 7, 2013

Jogging, Day 4

So week two of my jogging experiment began, despite threatening rain. The plan I had worked out over the weekend was to run 5 houses, walk 3, repeat for the 2 miles. My idea is to keep shifting a house from the walking portion to the running portion until I'm just running, and then increase the length of the run. Weirdly, my legs seemed to ache from not-running on Sunday, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen today.

It was fine. My legs were feeling it by the end, and after 5 houses I was a little winded, but I was ready to go again after walking for 3. And again, it felt good. I don't get it. I've never enjoyed exercise that wasn't long distance walking in my life. Maybe because I'm doing it at my own pace, instead of a pace someone else set? Setting? Penny? Instant reward? No idea, but I'm going to run with it (pun completely intended)

Another plus--Penny was tuckered out  by the end, but not before. After doing our usual post-jog routine of water and frozen blueberries, I went to my study to write this (and then study), and she came up stairs and fell asleep.


She likes to sleep on blanket piles when I have some to spare.


She has a sixth sense for when her human is taking pictures of her. She'll wake up enough to give me a look, and then goes straight back to sleep.


One ear just a little more alert for camera noises.

No comments: