Thursday, October 10, 2013

Penny and her daddy

Its been a long, kinda stressful day, so I'm going to do a cute dog post and not something intense and well thought out.

I mentioned in my first post on Penny that is a very cuddly dog. In the morning, she'll cuddle with me while I drink my coffee. In the evening though, she prefers to climb onto my husband's lap, and be held by him. 



She jumps up, and settles in, and looks indignant when I try to take a picture.


And then she poses, and my husband tries to ignore the fact that I've become picture happy.



And about 30 seconds later, she's fallen asleep, and my husband just holds her while we finish watching a movie.

He then carries her like a baby up to bed. The adorable thing is she seems to like it. But only if he does it.

What makes this all the more adorable to me is that my husband is a manly man. Muscled, traditional masculinity. It's one of the things that first attracted me to him--he looked like he might be able to lifts in swing dancing. He likes football, and loud speakers, and meat cooked on a fire. But Penny totally melts him, and he can make her calm down and just go to sleep.

Our little family.

~PhysicsGal

No comments: