Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Jogging: Day 5

Day 5 of jogging is complete. Although I am glad I did it, I can't say it was as enjoyable as previous days, mostly because I went into it already feeling not tip-top. I learned my lesson--never go to Starbucks anywhere near peak hours if you need something non-standard, and just don't if they are training newbies. Normally I like newbies. But this one ignored the 'sugar free' part of my order, which I only realized after I had had a few sips and was noticing the lack of aftertaste. Then saw that the markings did not specify sugar free like it usually does. I felt really good for about 15 minutes. Then really fuzzy.

So today was not as nice, but I did it, and that makes it worth it. I may stick at this level for an extra week until I feel really comfortable with it. It will also let me devote my energies to my qualifying exam, which is now 9 days away! Gulp. And you know what? I can do that, because I'm not training for a race, I'm just trying get more exercise. Even taking another week at run 5, walk 3, I"ll still be running 2 miles start to finish by Thanksgiving.

No comments: